Friday, January 25, 2013

I'm Riding The Pine.

I rolled my ankle and I haven't been able to run since last Saturday. I wish I had a great story like "while running through the lower east side, I had to make a sharp turn to avoid being hit by a crazy cabbie," but truth is - I tripped over a boot. The craziest part is I'd done a timed 5K trial on Saturday morning, then gone to the gym for leg work and then run home - all prime opportunities for ankle rollage. But no, I tripped on my boot in my apt and spent the next 48 hours icing and elevating.

Moral of the story: Don't skip putting your boots up after a night out.

In my quick Google search after the "injury" (we'll call it), I found the acronym RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression (ACE wrap) and Elevate. So, that's what I did (minus the compression) and I've healed pretty quickly. I had to fight the temptation to get back out there too soon, but hopefully I'll be running again by Saturday!


For now, I'm still on the bench.


I feel you, Tim.

To all of the NY runners who have been getting it in in sub 20 degree weather - hat tip to y'all!

xoxoRo

No comments:

Post a Comment