Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I Learned 2 Important Lessons This Weekend

1. Don't stay out late celebrating a Cotton Bowl win (Gig 'Em Aggies!!) the night before a morning run.
2. Running with others matters.

In my morning struggle, I was late to the group meet-up to run. Another guy happened to also be late and we agreed to run a different route on our own. This guy runs several marathons a year, likely at a pace almost twice as fast as mine. I assumed we'd jog to the start of our run together (Queensboro bridge) and then run on our own. No. He insisted on running with me. I pleaded with him to go ahead of me, but to no avail. He ran alongside me, telling me funny stories and pushing me to keep going when I wanted to stop. I know that I would have run about half of what I actually ran had he not been there.

I've always underestimated the power of running with others, but now I'm a believer. Much love to the running community.






xoxo
#RunRoRun

No comments:

Post a Comment